Friday, November 25, 2022

Some of the beauty we create

This is part of an on-going series showing some of the things that folks create on their own that make our world more beautiful and more interesting. We have gotten so caught in buying things that we're forgetting to encourage the creative spirit within us and give our thanks to the people around us who make the journey we're on more beautiful.



These Christmas stockings were made by a friend of mine who lives in Georgia. She wrote, "Started in July. Couldn't tell you how many kids I have made them for. Everyone is different and I do them all by hand. I think I have only made the same one twice. They come in a kit by Bucilla and I get the kits from different places but mostly Amazon. Maybe some of your blogger's will want to try them. Usually takes me 2-3 weeks for one, depending on how intricate they are."

I like the colors and the themes and I like that each one has someone's name on it. And I really like that my friend is thinking about making these way ahead of Christmas.


There was the Festival of the Mountain Masters held in Harlan, Kentucky today. I wish that I had been there. Here is an inspiring video made at the festival:




No comments:

Post a Comment