Tuesday, November 22, 2022

Cornbread Dressing

Well, I have been trying to come up with some cornbread dressing and I settled on the old recipe or way of doing things.

I'm going to need;

2 quarts of crumbled cornbread
1 quart of crumbled state bread or biscuits
2 tablespoons of poultry seasoning
2 teaspoons of salt
2 large onions
1 cup of chopped celery---but I may leave that out
Chicken stock

I'm going to mix up the breadcrumbs, seasoning and salt. Then it looks like I'm going to chop up the onions (and celery?) and cook that ion he chicken stock until its softened up. I'm going to add that to the bread mixture, and I'll probably need to add more stock to get it wet. Once it's all mixed up then it's done. I might make red-eye gravy and add that.

The idea here to get something to fill a turkey, but I won't/don't eat turkeys so this is a side dish for me.

There is also this that I took from the Appalachian Americans Facebook page:



No comments:

Post a Comment