Wednesday, November 16, 2022

Potato Leek Soup!

Well, I have been reading some great recipes for potato soups of one kind or another. I think the best ones are also the most simple ones. You know that you're going to need some potato soup before too long, so please give this a good try.

You're going to need:

3 c. of water
3 medium potatoes diced
1/4 cup of leeks chopped up
1 t. of salt
A couple of shakes of that Accent seasoning
A few good shakes of pepper
At least 3 slices of bacon fried and diced and greasy
1/2 of a cup of cream
1/2 of a cup of milk
At least 2 T. of parsley
1 T. of butter.

Mix your water, potatoes, leeks, and the Accent and cook on the stove for about 20 minutes or until the potatoes are tender but not too soft. Put that in your blender and hit "puree." Mix in the rest of the ingredients on the stove and heat it up and serve it hot with some cornbread and butter or another good side.

NOTE: When I made this the other day I used a smoked bacon heavy on pepper, and I used 6 slices chopped up. I used more cream than called for. I didn't use the blender because I didn't want to spend more time cleaning at the sink later. The soup was wonderful!
    

No comments:

Post a Comment