Sunday, November 20, 2022

Spinach soup!

Spinach gets a bad rap, but it's good food and it's good for you. I have not tried this recipe in many years, but I remember liking it and it still sounds good to me. I'm pretty sure that you could substitute kale or collards for spinach here, which is what I intend to do when I make this tomorrow.

You're going to need:

1 onion chopped up
2 T of margarine
2 packs of frozen chopped spinach
3 qts. of chicken brother. I used to use Vegeta when I made this.
2 T. of salt.
1/2 t of pepper
2 T of paprika
3/4 cup of rice
2 eggs
Juice from 2 lemons

Saute you onions in your margarine. Add the spinach and fry 'til its unthawed. Add all of your liquids and your seasonings in. Bring to a boil and let it cook for about 10 minutes on medium. Add rice and give it another 20 minutes. Beat your eggs and lemon juice together. Slowly add small amounts of your soup to the egg mixture, getting both to about the same temperature. If you have any soup remaining you should add your mixture to the soup. Adjust with seasonings that you like. Add some Greek yogurt to the center of the soup if you like that.



No comments:

Post a Comment