Wednesday, January 18, 2023

"We can put the past behind us but at three in the morning it comes back to haunt us…" from Journey of a mountain woman


Walter and I got married sixty years ago today. He has been gone twenty years. It seems like yesterday. I was almost nineteen and living on my own, working in a factory. I didn’t even have a drivers license! Life was so different then. I write about the past and I guess some think I still live there but I don’t. I do believe that we should remember the past for our best and worst moments lie there. We can put the past behind us but at three in the morning it comes back to haunt us…the sweet memories, the bad ones, the laughter, the tears. I have had a lot of all those feelings. But on this day I want to just remember that young girl and young man who had such faith in the future. A lot of our dreams came true, but many didn’t. But that was ok. That was life.--From Journey of a mountain woman

No comments:

Post a Comment