Tuesday, January 24, 2023

Garlic!

This post came to my attention by way of Ms. Abigail Bradshaw, now thankfully of West Virginia. I believe that the post originates with Gateway Garlic Farms. There is some great advice below.


EAT WILD

Disappearing during the heat of the summer time, Allium vineale comes back every fall and virtually grows through mild winters into the subsequent spring. It is a very interesting species with an incredible taste . Found throughout the US, it is often labeled a noxious pest by Ag departments and farmers alike. Sadly it doesn't grow wild on my farm anymore and I have to go to other places to harvest it. I literally consumed it out of existence on my farm.

Many people in Missouri and Illinois erroneously call this wild onion. That's probably because of the heavy onion smell they get when they run their lawnmowers over it. In actuality this is a spicy wild garlic that I love to eat.

Eat your yard

No comments:

Post a Comment