Thursday, December 29, 2022

The beauty within us and around us

I did a post yesterday about the wonderful work done by Ms. Diane Briggs. The picture of the painted rock that appeared here caused me to meditate a bit on creation and beauty and where they come from, and the post also got many positive comments. Ms. Briggs was pleased enough with this to tell me that she lives in Western Kentucky and she sent me a photograph of another one of her great works that I am posting here. A friend of hers was kind enough to send along a picture of a painted beehive that she did as well. The beehive adds a utilitarian dimension to Ms. Briggs' work, meaning that her creativity extends in a direction that most of what we take as "art" doesn't. Some of her work has a purpose beyond being beautiful in and for itself. I believe that this is unique in these times, when "art" is given a price tag and is identified as something separate from our daily lives. Ms. Briggs is building a bridge and invites us to cross a chasm.




This post is part of an on-going series. Please click "Beauty" in the tags to see similar additional posts. 

No comments:

Post a Comment