Sunday, December 18, 2022

A few loose thoughts on relationships

This post doesn't have much of a focus except as a commentary on a few relationships I have seen over the years. The point isn't to criticize anyone or make anyone feel bad. I once had this idea that people who are involved in organizing for social change at the grassroots should have our lives together before we try to get our communities or workplaces together despite overwhelming evidence to the contrary (my own life included). Today I most trust and admire the folks who get up every day with some determination and fight in them. I recently met an old working-class man who told me stories from four generations of his family and every story was about people whose lives fell apart and how they rebuilt and kept going. These people even adopted feral animals that had been hurt and that were rebuilding their lives.

So the following is just offered with good thoughts and a gentle nudge to a few good people.

Wherever you are in the spectrum---keep moving forward.

 








No comments:

Post a Comment