Sunday, December 18, 2022

Crockpot ham, green beans, and potatoes


I use an already-cooked uncured ham sliced up or in chunks, and I know that some people like to slow-cook their ham pieces with brown sugar and a tart juice before they do anything else. You want to stay away from using canned beans, so if you can't find fresh ones just substitute ready pintos or navy beans for the green beans. You're going to use at least three cups of water or stock, and you can use whatever seasonings that you like that won't take away from the ham. Thyme, onion salt, garlic salt, cloves, and cinnamon are all good add-ins in small amounts. You want your potatoes in bite-size pieces. Some people will half-cook the potatoes first and add them in, but I never have. Slow-cooking is a six-hour job, I think, but cooking on high will take almost four hours. The slower the better works best for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment