Tuesday, December 20, 2022

Native American and Indigenous wisdom

 


From The Rt. Rev. Steven Charleston:

"Peace on Earth. Peace for every living thing. Peace among nations. Peace for our children. Peace in our future. Peace of heart and peace of mind. Peace to those I love and peace to those I find hard to love. Peace where there is conflict. Peace where there is hope. Peace as our vocation. Peace in all of our prayers. Peace on Earth."---Dec. 20

"Most of us have a miracle story we could share. It may not be as dramatic as parting the oceans, but it is a story we can tell because we were witnesses to the truth of it. One of my stories is actually not that unusual: a person diagnosed by medical science who suddenly and inexplicably made a recovery. I saw that happen more than once. Is it a miracle? Yes, I would say so, another small proof that there is more going on in life than we can understand much less control."---Dec. 19

"Like a silhouette against the sun I see you standing on the horizon, looking out into the shadowy expanse of time, arms outstretched as if in prayer or greeting. How long you have stood there I do not know, but I imagine it has been for a very long time, so deep is the desire of your heart, the longing for an answer to your appeal. Who are you waiting for? What are you waiting for? Only the Spirit knows. All I understand is that you will still be there when the moon reclaims the night, for I will be standing beside you."---Dec. 18




No comments:

Post a Comment