Friday, June 24, 2022

"If we see the world through love, we see it more clearly..."

Time to change the filter. As the chief cook and bottle washer around my place, remembering to change the AC/heating filters is one of my regular job descriptions. I am used to doing it on a schedule and I take it seriously because the system really does work better when it is maintained. Same thing for the filters we see the world through, the spiritual filters that keep our vision sharp and well defined. I am talking about love. If we see the world through love, we see it more clearly. So if it has been a while since you refreshed how you see life around, you might want to join me in updating the love in your eyes.

~ Steven Charleston is a Native American elder, author, and retired Episcopal bishop of Alaska. Professor of Native American Ministries at Saint Paul School of Theology OCU and Citizen of the Choctaw Nation. https://stevencharleston.com/



No comments:

Post a Comment