Monday, June 27, 2022

A prayer from a man pulling onions and garlic on a hot day

Dear God, I thank You for Your wonderful creation and all that You have given us. I thank You for the strength that I have left in me to do this work and for the memories of learning how to do this and for those who taught me how to work. God grant them Your peace and justice and rest and God grant Your peace and justice to this good earth. Thank you, O God, for the dirt on my hands that reminds me of honest toil and of Your gifts to us and that connects me to Your creation. Remember and bless and protect all those who labor in the fields and in the canneries and hear their prayers and see the goodness in their hearts, their hopes and their dreams. May Your food nourish us, my Your bread satisfy us, may we not take what we have for granted but share all that You have provided, and may we reconcile with You and others. I ask this in Jesus' Holy Name. Amen.   

No comments:

Post a Comment