Thursday, July 7, 2022

"The hand of darkness may obscure the light for a season, but it can never hide hope forever. Do not be afraid..."

"Listen carefully now, for I want to speak as closely as I can, to the words I heard from my ancestors, when I was deep in the night prayers of a troubled heart. You see the dark clouds gather, they told me, and you feel the fear those clouds seek to inspire. But never forget that just behind them the sun is still burning brightly, with a strength undiminished. The hand of darkness may obscure the light for a season, but it can never hide hope forever. Do not be afraid. Trust what is just beyond what you see: the bright sun of a new day."

--The Rt. Rev. Steven Charleston, Native American/Indigenous Ministries of the Episcopal Church
 


No comments:

Post a Comment