Thursday, October 27, 2022

A good introduction to Beau of the Fifth Column

This is a a special post for my white friends in Appalachia who may not be aware of Beau of the Fifth Column. You can catch him on Youtube, and I hope that you will. I think that this video will give you a good introduction to him, and I think that you will be able to see or hear yourself or someone you know in him within a few minutes.

I was not a fan until recently. I have my disagreements with him, but I recently heard that he is giving strong support to the mine workers' strike in Alabama that has been going on for eighteen months now and that made me rethink my position. I like it that he's honest and I like that he's trying to move people without hitting people over the head. I deeply appreciate how he talks about race, guns, LGBTQIA+ people, and violence against women. I like that he's careful with his words and that we don't hear profanity and conspiracy theories when we listen in.

This is a good introduction, but please go to Youtube and dig in.


      

No comments:

Post a Comment