Thursday, August 4, 2022

Something to smile on---#14


Some Notes On Kudzu---Taken from the Appalachian Americans Facebook page

**I was a feed salesman for years. We had a high falutin double doctorate nutritionist come ride with me. One day he asked, “I’m embarrassed to ask this, but where do grits come from?” I asked him to look around and see what he sees everywhere…kudzu! I said, “yep, that’s it. There is a contraption you hook a vine up to and it strips the leaves for fodder for your cattle, and splits the vine open and the grits fall out by the bucket full.” He thanked me and nothing more was said. Two weeks passed.

My phone rang. A very irate fellow on the other end was cussing and screaming at me. Apparently, Bob was speaking to a large organization of international nutritionists and asked, “I bet you don’t know where grits come from!” Seems I may have misinformed him.

**If you really dislike a neighbor, wait until they go out of town for a week. Then plant some kudzu in there front yard. When they return they will not be able to find their house! 

**my Mom made a remark one day about her husbands ex. She said I should put some piranha fish in her pond. I said nah, she never goes in it. Just pick some kudzu and throw it out the window on your way by.

























The Carter Family - Keep on the sunny side

You Are My Flower---Nitty Gritty Dirt Band



Ray Charles - Georgia On My Mind (Live)



A Change Is Gonna Come | Playing For Change Band | Live in Brazil



Red Hat--Day One

No comments:

Post a Comment