Tuesday, August 30, 2022

Eating Fried Bologna on Light Bread in Appalachia

 


Fried bologna ("baloney") is a big thing in Appalachia and parts of the South. This is Tipper and her husband from Celebrating Appalachia showing you how to make it and eat it. We frequently pick up their posts because they're usually so good at celebrating Appalachia. You would not think that you would not need a video to show you how this is done, but this really helps.

Now, when I make fried bologna I use a thicker piece than Tipper does and I singe it. I don't add onions or cheese, but I may add a fried green tomato (not breaded) or mustard or I scramble eggs and put a biscuit on the side. It works. Try it and find your favorite way. 

I'm not going to recommend that anyone drink soft drinks or sweet tea or buttermilk, but I imagine that most people who eat fried bologna do drink those. Water or lemonade will do just fine.     

No comments:

Post a Comment