Thursday, August 18, 2022

"I am glad to report that I have been keeping a promise I made to myself many months ago."

"I am glad to report that I have been keeping a promise I made to myself many months ago. As things were starting to seem grim I told myself that no matter how rough things got, I would never forget to smile. Not that it would magically change things for the better. Not that I was trying to pretend otherwise. No, just a simple non-verbal message to the universe that life isn’t finished yet, that there are always reasons to be thankful, and that a brief blessing passed between friends and strangers can make a difference. Happy to say I am still smiling and being smiled at in return. A promise is being fulfilled."

The Rt. Rev. Steven Charleston




No comments:

Post a Comment