Thursday, September 1, 2022

Something to smile on #18

Every Friday we post some things that we hope will make you smile. There will nothing here on Fridays that will make you think really hard or worry or get angry or depressed (we hope). Please do look around the blog, follow us, argue, use the recipes, get some comfort from all of our other posts. But on Fridays just grin a little. If there is something here that you can read, try clicking on it. Thanks!


"Thank goodness the Thesaurus survived!"





For those of you who didn't get the post above:

Conway Twitty--It's Only Make Believe









An abandoned vehicle on Rt. 119 


Balcony seating at the derive-in

Well, I'm at the emergency room 😩. This day has not been good. I got the chance to go horse back riding. Big mistake. I got on the horse and started out slowly, but I got cocky.  So we started going a little faster and before I knew it, we were going as fast as the horse could go. And when I tried to stop the horse, I couldn't stop him, he must have gotten spooked or something. He was out of control, so I decided to try to jump off the horse, and instead, I fell off but my foot got caught in the stirrup and the horse was dragging me. And he wouldn't stop. Every time I screamed at him to stop, the horse went faster.

🐎

Thank goodness the manager at the grocery store came out and unplugged the machine. But he had the nerve to take the rest of my quarters so I wouldn't attempt to ride it again.

Pastor Kalina preaches in Salem-Keizer, Oregon. She is from Tonga. Being in her
 presence instantly relaxes me. She has been doing these chair praise dance videos for
 awhile now. Most people can do these without much effort. These are meditative.


Monica Ross and Family featuring Daddy (aka Sir Joseph Wilson) “God Will 
Take Care of You” (This really comes home for me.)


I miss people who
*know that "a mess” is how much it takes to feed your family and that "a bate” is how much
 you get to eat of that “mess.”
* know that it's not "directly"-- it's "dreckly."
*know that "Comin' up a cloud" or "Here come a wind" means close the windows, unplug
everything and get away from the windows.





1 comment: