Sunday, May 29, 2022

"You have not been sleeping. You are troubled, as I am, walking to the window, searching for the moon, as if the moon had an answer..."

"I have sensed your spirit in the night. You have not been sleeping. You are troubled, as I am, walking to the window, searching for the moon, as if the moon had an answer. You want to enfold those who are hurting. You want to shelter those who suffer. But your arms are not wide enough and your heart alone is not able to carry the weight of worry for so many others hidden in the shadows. I will stay with you through the night. I will search with you for the moon, knowing that even a pale light is better than no light at all, taking comfort from knowing that we are awake together."
---The Rt. Rev. Steven Charleston, Native American/Indigenous Ministries of the Episcopal Church

 

No comments:

Post a Comment